Tuesday, May 14, 2013

THE "DIY. NO SEW. RE-PURPOSED SCARF. HEADWRAP. "

I have two sisters who do great things with their hair. They can whip it up into a top knot, leave it down straight or curled and no matter how they do it, they always end up looking amazing and like it was their plan all along.

Then there is me.

I'm a pretty simple girl when it comes to my hair. 5 minutes max, up in a ponytail and it's not always pretty, but it gets the job done!

Today was nearly 95 degrees and so we ventured out to buy a pool for our backyard. Although the temp was high, hose water is FREEZING. By the end of the afternoon our hot water tank was EMPTY which left me with no means to shower unless I wanted to enjoy a cold one.

All of that to brings me to the reason I am making this post!

THE "DIY. NO SEW. RE-PURPOSED SCARF. HEADWRAP. "


Looking at my mess of a hair situation, paired with needing to leave the house in minutes, I went straight into strategic, creative thinking mode.

I wonder what I would look like with a headwrap?!
I don't own a single headwrap so I guess I better make one!

I grabbed a scarf that is lightweight and has an awesome pattern that I have always loved. This scarf is perfect for this project but it never did lay right when used for its original purpose.

Here are a few images to help show you how incredibly simple. fast. and effortless these crazy things called headwraps are!

FIRST:

Cut a fabric piece that is 8 inches x 44 inches


This wrap will work best using a fabric that does not fray around the edges and is lightweight.



















NEXT:

Fold your fabric piece in 3rds the long way. You can adjust the width of the fold to your liking.






















 

 

{TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!}

Do you feel like a knot or a bow today?

The 44 inch length allows you to decide between two different styles with just one wrap.

You can tuck the tales, or turn them into a sassy bow.

To create the knot look, bring the tails around to the top of your head and tie a knot.

Then, just simply tuck the tails so that they are hidden and your Knot wrap is COMPLETE! No sewing. Quick. Easy.



{THAT'S A WRAP!}

No comments:

Post a Comment